Who doesn't love a lovely chocolate brownie? I know i do and I'm always looking for different takes on the standard chocolate brownies. I recently came across 'Kit kat' brownies and as a lover of bothbrownies and kit kats i couldn't resist.
I used kit kats and blue ribbons for this recipe and it was a complete chocolate overload (which i loved) but if you want less then you can just use either one.
375g wafer biscuits with chocolate filling
300g unsalted butter
250g golden caster sugar
40g cocoa powder
150g plain flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
9x four-finger kitkat's
- Preheat oven to 180oc
- Lightly grease the base and sides of a brownie tin (33 x 23 cm) and line with baking paper. Place a layer of wafer biscuits at the base of the tray and set aside
-Melt the butter in a microwavable bowl or in hob and set aside to cool
- Put the sugar, cocoa powder, flour and baking powder into a bowl, stir with a wooden spoon to combine all the ingredients then make a well in centre.
- Pour the slightly cooked melted butter and the eggs into well in the dry ingredients and stir until well combined
- Carefully pour half of this batter on top of the wafer base at the bottom of the tray and spread it out. Then lay the Kit Kat bars length ways over the batter. Pour the remaining batter over the Kit Kats and spread it out making sure the Kit Kats are well covered
- Bake for 30-35mins until the brownie is firm to the touch
- Allow to cool in tray before removing and cutting into tray (make sure it is completely cool)